00 385 1 55 66 425

Want to contact us on WhatsApp? Add us to your contacts. Our number is:

 
Home » Dental hygiene » Dental hygiene - questions and answers

Dental hygiene - questions and answers


Request a free quote




Chat with us using Viber or Whatsapp:

Want to contact us on WhatsApp? Add us to your contacts. Our number is:

Dental hygiene primarily includes everything that you can do for the health of your teeth at home. Besides, oral hygiene also includes regular visits to the dentist.

It is essential to take care of your teeth on daily basis by brushing them, using a quality toothpaste with fluoride, by using dental floss and mouthwash. It is also necessary to visit your dentist at least 2 times a year to remove the tartar and plaque.

Firstly, it's very important to choose a good toothbrush that suits your teeth and gums. All teeth should be brushed several times by monotonous, slow circular motions and it's also very important to clean the inner side of cheeks and tongue. Brushing should last at least 2 minutes in order to have any effect.

It's a bit far fetched to expect that we will brush our teeth each time we eat or drink something, but it should be done whenever possible. At least each morning after waking up and each evening before going to sleep.

Fluoride is one of the integral microelements of the human body. Oral administration of the fluoride solution on the enamel of permanent teeth reduces risk of cavuities 30 - 40%.

Dental floss or silk is a thin strip coated with fluoride, which is used for removal of residual food, bacteria, tartar and plaque from the gaps between teeth, that cannot be reached by toothbrush.

Most toothpastes on the market containing fluoride should be good for quality teeth cleaning. Everyone should choose the kind that suits them the best, and if you're not sure which one suits you the best, you can always consult with your dentist.

With toothbrush we can only reach 70% of the space in the oral cavity. As an addition to brushing one should use dental floss and mouthwash to clean the remaining 30% of the space not accessible with the toothbrush.

Regular oral hygiene at home will reduce accumulation of tartar and plaque on tooth's surface, but it cannot completely prevent it. In order to completely remove tartar and plaque, it is necessary to visit the dentist for a professional teeth cleaning every 6 months.

Mouthguard is very useful for preserving the enamel of permanent teeth among patients who tend to grind or clench their teeth during sleep. Using the mouthguard significantly reduces wearing of thw tooth enamel, and thus the exposure of the teeth to bacteria and acids.

When regularly used, a toothbrush has an average lifetime of 2 to 3 months. If the brush does not fulfill it's function, it is recommended to replace it even earlier to preserve your teeth's health.

Polyclinic Identalia

Polyclinic Identalia

Free first visit and accommodation in our luxurious apartments for all our future patients

Testimonials

Testimonials

Read about what our patients say about their experiences in our dental clinic

Dental hygiene

Dental hygiene

Back to previous page

Request call back
 
or call
+385 1 5566 425